Backup the AI

LuBeNo
Automaton
Automaton

Backup the AI

Post#1 » 14 Jun 2017, 00:09

Is there a way to create a backup of the current AI? (Windows, Android)
If you do a major refactoring it would be great to revert changes. Also crashes and failed updates could be a use case. Accidentally choosing the wrong button "use server data" or "use local data" could destroy a whole evening.

If my investigation is correct in windows everything is saved in the registry:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GFX47\Gladiabots]

I think an ingame solution would be great:
Having 3 slots and being able to save / load from each of these. Or having some kind of git. And being able to browse for an old AI.
Last edited by LuBeNo on 14 Jun 2017, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
My algorithm of life: Tired? => Sleep. Hungry? => Eat. Else => Follow Jesus.

Castlevania
Automaton
Automaton

Re: Backup the AI

Post#2 » 14 Jun 2017, 00:34

I'm concerned with it too. Is there anyway to import/export an/all AI? Good to have these functions.

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#3 » 14 Jun 2017, 01:25

This is more a request but +1.

Actually I'm not sure but should not be impossible to export the registry (via Gladiabots itself) every day and on Android making a backup of the folder with the ai files.

Git may be too much but a daily backup of less than a mbyte of data should be possible.

For Windows if you give me the registry key name I can write a script (I'm on Android) to export it every day
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

mcompany
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#4 » 14 Jun 2017, 03:01

For android, I do not know how to backup the AI and it most likely requires root to access. For windows, you can pretty easily export the registry keys (but I don't remember which one is for the AIs, and if I remember correctly the one for AIs was also dependant on another key). Do note that exporting the AIs exports ALL AIs and I don't believe there is a method fully available to decompress each individual AI and pack there back together (but hdeffo would know more about this)

ai drone
Script
Script

Post#5 » 15 Jun 2017, 21:47

Some sort of backup ability would have been nice for me when I went to try version 8, I am not sure what I did wrong but all my ai work disappeared. Consequently I am rebuilding all of my ai and apparently am missing something as I can't seem to win anything now. :(

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#6 » 15 Jun 2017, 23:09

Well you are with only top players so it is hard.
Last edited by pier4r on 15 Jun 2017, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

Castlevania
Automaton
Automaton

Post#7 » 15 Jun 2017, 23:22

Feel sorry for you AI Drone. However, it is a good chance to reconstruct your AI with you new insights. I may have reconstructed about 4 times. Nevertheless, I always do screenshots in case something unfortunate happens.

LuBeNo
Automaton
Automaton

Post#8 » 16 Jun 2017, 23:42

Castlevania wrote:Feel sorry for you AI Drone. However, it is a good chance to reconstruct your AI with you new insights.

Same here! :?

GFX could you consider a backup slot and some additional informations to the server and the local profile. Made a mockup:
Backup.png
Backup.png (16.76 KiB) Viewed 56 times

LuBeNo
Automaton
Automaton

Post#9 » 17 Jun 2017, 15:41

LuBeNo wrote:If my investigation is correct in windows everything is saved in the registry:

I just tried it with my second account: Exporting the registry entries, changing something, restoring the registry entries works - changes are undone. I suggest windows users create a backup of the registry regularly. You may start the backup in a "Backup.cmd" file with help of the command line:

Code: Select all

reg export HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GFX47\Gladiabots "C:\Gladiabots\Backup.reg"

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#10 » 17 Jun 2017, 16:31

Can you see if in the registry there are also info like the version and the last modification? It can be used for the name of the backup

mcompany
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#11 » 17 Jun 2017, 18:00

pier4r wrote:Can you see if in the registry there are also info like the version and the last modification? It can be used for the name of the backup

You'd have to decode all of that information out of the registry keys, and I don't know how to do that.

LuBeNo wrote:
LuBeNo wrote:If my investigation is correct in windows everything is saved in the registry:

I just tried it with my second account: Exporting the registry entries, changing something, restoring the registry entries works - changes are undone. I suggest windows users create a backup of the registry regularly. You may start the backup in a "Backup.cmd" file with help of the command line:

Code: Select all

reg export HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GFX47\Gladiabots "C:\Gladiabots\Backup.reg"

I guess this works, although this method does not just backup the AIs but the whole state of your account. If you want that, that's fine, but if you wanted just the AIs you will have to figure out which keys they are (do at your own risk and make a backup before you change anything)

Castlevania
Automaton
Automaton

Post#12 » 18 Jun 2017, 20:46

How about allowing players to restore/export an AI from a previous match? Those AIs are definitely stored in the server. This also apply to the cases when players feel that they have messed up.

Return to “Questions”