Alpha 8.5

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Re: Alpha 8.4

Post#21 » 18 Jun 2017, 21:43

with the new bars (and colors) is easier, at glance, to determine if my team was damaged too much or not almost at the end of the game.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

mcompany
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#22 » 19 Jun 2017, 00:05

Finally upgraded (speaking on behalf of the public 5.5, not 5.4)

Instant bug in the tutorial: it showed me the introduction AI instead of the catch AI when telling me to fix the catch AI on that mission (although it did correctly switch over for the mission itself)

That's awesome that you tell people that invalid nodes are... well invalid (now less people will have the unnecessary 3 node catch AIs but they will have the equivalent 2 node version)

You tell people about how filters can be invalid before teaching about features (the missions before it used target conditions, not filters, which in most situations in my opinion is worse that using "exists" and filters)

Double tapping is inherently more annoying to me than having a confirm button at the bottom for picking target types

Back to my complaint that it mentions filters early but doesn't introduce how to use them early (despite how important they are compared to target conditions), it then just randomly introduce all of them all at once St the DIY level. This is almost like you completely forgot about not introducing everything all at once. You could of at least showed multiple ways to do stuff, like yo did for the pursuit missions

Speaking of the DIY level, another problem with it is that it is the exact same level as the sub tree level, so there actually doesn't seem like there is an incentive to, well, do it yourself. I think you should use a different level for that.

The team composition level has two problems imo. The first is that there is only "move towards" and "attack" action so this means no retreats (which is unrealistic compared to what most players should do), and it makes it a dumb move to add in a shotgun because the shotgun wouldn't be able to dance and is weaker than assault in medium range. The second is just that as a whole, it kinda doesn't seem helpful to teach anything since one machine gun can already beat the other team since the enemy team is all assaults and the machine gun is basically a better assault.

Just my 2 cents on the tutorial, that's all I did so far

mcompany
Neural Network
Neural Network

Post#23 » 19 Jun 2017, 00:31

Screenshot_20170618-153040.png
Screenshot_20170618-153040.png (201.55 KiB) Viewed 95 times

Can't see the buttons at the bottom

TheKidPunisher
Automaton
Automaton

Re: Alpha 8.5

Post#24 » 21 Jun 2017, 12:06

How are we suppoesed to update the game on PC?

When i launch the game (actually on version 7.10) the mode carreer says that i need to get the last version.

Then it open the page where i have to pay to unlock the game (again?)
I already paid for the ALPHA 7, where is the link to just update the version?

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#25 » 21 Jun 2017, 12:54

There should be a "I already paid" link somewhere.
Best practice is to install the itch.io app that will update your game automatically like steam.

TheKidPunisher
Automaton
Automaton

Post#26 » 21 Jun 2017, 14:09

Effectively, but the link is hide on the page after click on the «buy» button.
Thanks

evilgeenius2
Script
Script

Post#27 » 21 Jun 2017, 19:10

Is there a Linux version I can download?

Kanishka
Autonomous Entity
Autonomous Entity

Post#28 » 21 Jun 2017, 19:15

evilgeenius2 wrote:Is there a Linux version I can download?

Yes.
Fixes break an AI more than bugs do. :ugeek:

Gladiabots Off-Topic Chat

My Stats: Kanishka_RN3;Kanishka_MiPad

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#29 » 21 Jun 2017, 19:55

pier4r
Skynet
Skynet

Post#30 » 21 Jun 2017, 20:27

I don't know for the other players but the fact that a lot of xp levels now exist (and are not easy) is motivating. Strange that xp levels, so "blocks" achieve more than raw x value. Maybe because the idea of filling them is satisfying while endless bars are less interesting. Ah, psychology.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Gladiabots/wiki/players/pier4r_nvidia_shield_k1 -> Gladiabots CHAT, stats, insights and more ;

TheKidPunisher
Automaton
Automaton

Post#31 » 21 Jun 2017, 21:21

GFX, i download the PC version following the mail i got from itch.io

I had no choice to download the 32bit version (i had got the 64bit version for the 7.10)
and when i "quit properly" the application crash...

Also, my father doesn't got the e-mail for have the new version (ALPHA 8)
If i send him the link i got in my e-mail it will work or it will cause some trouble?

TheKidPunisher
Automaton
Automaton

Post#32 » 21 Jun 2017, 21:24

So the link doesn't work...
I offer the game to my father (so i pay it) but not sure if i give the good e-mail, there is a possibility to match PENTIUM with the e-mail of my father, so he can go DownLoad the game after that?

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#33 » 22 Jun 2017, 11:49

TheKidPunisher wrote:GFX, i download the PC version following the mail i got from itch.io

I had no choice to download the 32bit version (i had got the 64bit version for the 7.10)
and when i "quit properly" the application crash...

Could you please go in the Gladiabots_Data folder and send me the output_log.txt file just after a crash?

GFX47
Dev Team

Post#34 » 22 Jun 2017, 11:52

TheKidPunisher wrote:So the link doesn't work...
I offer the game to my father (so i pay it) but not sure if i give the good e-mail, there is a possibility to match PENTIUM with the e-mail of my father, so he can go DownLoad the game after that?

If your father purchased the game before, he should have received an e-mail at that moment. Maybe you can search in his e-mails?
I can't do anything on the itch purchase system, you should ask them.

TheKidPunisher
Automaton
Automaton

Post#35 » 25 Jun 2017, 19:36

sorry for the time it take, i do not connect on my computer these last days.

i will send you the report via MP

Return to “Tests”